Happycall Double Pan: Sizzling Hotplate Tofu
Here is an exiting Happycall Double Pan recipe from a Singaporean food blogger Ellena. It is so easy to do your own Sizzling Hotplate Tofu at home!
Ellena's version was rather simple without the minced meat, prawns and sauce.
Serves: 2-3 | Preparation: 10 minutes | Cooking: 10 minutes
- 1 Tube of Egg Tofu
- 2 - 3 Fresh Shittake Mushroom, cut into thick slices
- 1/2 Small Carrot, cut into slices
- 1 Pack Sweet Peas
- 2 Eggs, light beaten
- 2 Slices of Ginger
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon of Cornflour
- Some chopped Spring Onion And Chilli
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chicken Powder
- Splash of Cooking Wine
- Cut the tofu into equal pieces(around 6 - 8 pieces), lightly coat them with cornflour and set aside.
- Preheat Happycall Double Pan on low heat for 1 minute, drizzle 1 teaspoon of oil in the pan, arrange the prepared tofu on the pan, cover and lock.
- Fry tofu for 2 minutes (flip after 1 minute) or till slight golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Next add in 1/2 tablespoon of oil, add in minced garlic, ginger, mushroom and carrot. Lock and cook on low heat for 1 minute, open and add in sweet peas together with 1/2 teaspoon of chicken powder and splash of cooking wine, give a quick stir and cook for another 1 minute.
- Lastly, arrange the cooked tofu in the pan, slowly drizzle beaten egg around the mixture. Cover the pan and cook for 20 - 30 seconds depending on your preference. (the egg mixture will continue to cook due to the heat of the pan so do not overcook the egg)
- Turn off the heat, remove the pan and serve hot with some extra spring onion, freshly ground black pepper and cut chilli scattered on top.
- Happycall Australia