Happycall Double Pan Pineapple Cake
(Make: 30 x 25cm | Preparation: 10 minutes | Cooking: 20 - 25 minutes)
180g Plain Flour
3 Teaspoons Baking Powder
4 Large Egg(60g each)
90g Caster Sugar
120ml Unsalted Butter, Melt
30g Unsalted Butter
40g Caster Sugar
4 Tablespoons Water
4 Pineapple Rings, cut into chunks
50g Walnut, optional
1. To prepare the Caramel Pineapple; simmer unsalted butter and sugar over low heat in HCP until sugar dissolve and mixture became slightly brown in colour. Sir in pineapple cubes and water and continue to simmer over low heat for another 3 - 5 minutes. (Pan close but don't lock it)
2. When done, turn off the heat and arrange the pineapples and walnut as close as possible without too much gaps in between. Set aside and prepare the cake batter.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar with a hand mixer till well-mixed(about 1 minute) and mixture slightly turn pale in colour (you can refer to the step-by-step photo above).
4. Next whisk in the melt butter and follow by the sifted flour mixture(plain flour + baking powder) and continue to stir until the flour is in-cooperate into the batter. (the batter will be slightly like thick cream texture)
5. Pour the mixture over the prepared caramel pineapple, smooth the top and bake(lock the pan) over very low heat for about 20 - 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted and come out clean.
~ You can replace unsalted butter in the cake batter with corn oil or grape seeds oil for a lighter version. (For this recipe I used 60ml melted butter plus 60ml grape seeds oil)
~ If you prefer a brown top on the cake you can flip the pan over at the last 5 minutes so that the top will appear slightly brown in colour. (I omitted the flip over step but just gently shake the pan for a few times after 10 minutes of cooking time)
- Tags: Double Pan Recipe
- Happycall Australia