Pineapple Cake with Happycall Double Pan
1. To prepare the Caramel Pineapple; simmer unsalted butter and sugar over low heat in HCP until sugar dissolve and mixture became slightly brown in colour. Sir in pineapple cubes and water and continue to simmer over low heat for another 3 - 5 minutes. (Pan close but don't lock it)
2. When done, turn off the heat and arrange the pineapples and walnut as close as possible without too much gaps in between. Set aside and prepare the cake batter.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar with a hand mixer till well-mixed(about 1 minute) and mixture slightly turn pale in colour (you can refer to the step-by-step photo above).
4. Next whisk in the melt butter and follow by the sifted flour mixture(plain flour + baking powder) and continue to stir until the flour is in-cooperate into the batter. (the batter will be slightly like thick cream texture)
5. Pour the mixture over the prepared caramel pineapple, smooth the top and bake(lock the pan) over very low heat for about 20 - 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted and come out clean.
180g Plain Flour
3 Teaspoons Baking Powder
4 Large Egg(60g each)
90g Caster Sugar
120ml Unsalted Butter, Melt
30g Unsalted Butter
40g Caster Sugar
4 Tablespoons Water
4 Pineapple Rings, cut into chunks
50g Walnut, optional
(Make: 30 x 25cm | Preparation: 10 minutes | Cooking: 20 - 25 minutes)
- Tags: Double Pan Recipe
- Happycall Australia